Pritchard & Abbott, Inc., is a professional appraisal consulting firm specializing in mass appraisal techniques for ad valorem tax purposes as well as being one of the industry's leading providers for CAMA (computer assisted mass appraisal) and tax collection software, hardware, GIS and website services.
Pritchard & Abbott’s roots are in the appraisal of oil and gas producing properties. The company was founded in 1926 by Judge E.S. Pritchard. Judge Pritchard and John I. Abbott, a Petroleum Geologist, teamed up to appraise oil and gas producing properties in the early 1930. The company has since become the largest appraisal firm of mineral, utility, industrial, and related business personal property in Texas. Additionally, Pritchard & Abbott is employed and respected for their ad valorem tax consulting and appraisal work in several other states.
Pritchard & Abbot, Inc., cultivates close geographical ties to its Texas clients by maintaining district offices in Amarillo, Fort Worth, Henderson, San Angelo, and Houston. The Fort Worth location also serves as the home office to the firm’s Administrative, Engineering, and Information Technology departments. Each district office is staffed with personnel offering professional appraisal expertise for properties such as:
· Oil and gas producing properties and related personal property;
· Drilling rigs, field compressors, tank farms, and oilfield service companies;
· Oil and gas pipelines, gathering systems, and pump stations;
· Trucking and dirt contractors;
· Coal, lignite, clay, sulphur, and uranium mines;
· Telephone, microwave, cable television, cellular and other telecommunications properties;
· Commercial and residential real estate;
· Electric generation, transmission, and distribution facilities; and
· Refineries, chemical, petrochemical, cement, gypsum, lumber, paper, aluminum, and many other types of manufacturing plants and facilities.
Our Information Technology department is composed of:
· CAMA and tax collection development with a strong customer support system our clients can depend on;
· Website development and support;
· Hardware maintenance and support;
· GIS and deed management;
· Data hosting environments (Cloud);
· A partnership with DataCloud Solutions offering our client base the ability to use the CamaCloud application on iPads for appraisal work in the field.
**For more details, please visit the Company History page that tells our story of long and impactful history of service to governmental entities in the ad valorem tax industry.**